- Fathom Realty is a 100 percent commission brokerage that gives staff equity ownership.
- Founder Josh Harley says the 100-percent commission brokerage is the model of the future.
- When choosing your 100-percent commission brokerage, Harley says to make sure they have a good reputation and accounting practices.
- When researching 100-percent commission brokerages, find out what other fees the company will add for services.
- With the money saved from being in a 100-percent commission brokerage, agents should invest in their personal sphere with time and money.
Josh HarleyFathom Realty founder and CEO, Joshua Harley, doesn’t like to use the term “100-percent commission brokerage” to describe his fast-growing firm because these companies have reputations as simply “license warehouses,” he says.He prefers to describe Fathom, which started in Dallas-Fort Worth in 2010, as a full-service brokerage that offers the industry’s best commission plans.
The beginnings of Fathom
Harley had the idea to launch Fathom after being a real estate agent for a relatively short time in 2009 with Keller Williams, followed by an underwhelming experience with a 100-percent commission brokerage.A lead generator at Keller Williams, he had built a team of 10 (plus himself) at the Keller Williams Realty McKinney. Though he thinks very highly of the franchisor, after a year he felt he was providing all the leads and was beginning to resent the commission split. So he decided he would try the team with a 100-percent commission brokerage based …
Article image credited to Ievgeniia Dadabaieva / Shutterstock.com
This information was originally posted on: Source link