While empty rooms are filled with potential, it might take your first-time buyer some time and mental energy to see what you see.
Read more: What First-Time Buyers Need From You
Potential buyers, especially those buying for the first time, can be intimidated by the amount of space a house has and don’t know where to begin when it comes to furnishing it and making it their own. However, it’s easy to customize an empty home to fit your personality. Help them focus on the five basic pieces of furniture they will need to feel settled and at home. If you need more furniture, then you should visit this furniture store for many great options. It’s worth mentioning, sometimes you might find the perfect piece of furniture, be it because it’s just your style, it just fits the right spot well enough, or any other reason. Said piece could then become damaged or stained and it might be quite disappointing. If you don’t want to replace it but would still like to fix it, you can look for furniture upholstery services. They should be able to restore it, and maybe make a few upgrades or change it a bit in the process.
- A Place to Lay Your Head
The bed is the largest item in the room, so it’s certainly a design focal point, not to mention a place where we spend a third of our lives. Homeowners should take time to select bedroom furniture sets, specifically a great headboard and bedframe, that they’ll enjoy for many years. Later, they can match the other pieces in the bedroom to the headboard style like choosing from the best memory foam mattresses list.
- Pull Up a Seat
A house becomes a home based on the memories created there, many of which happen during meals. Nothing is more symbolic of together-time than the dining tables, so a table and chair set is an important item to focus on for new homeowners. A good, high-quality set from a furniture company will allow for all-important family meals and provides a space to gather with family and friends for many years. Advise your homeowners to consider the following:
- Choose a set with more chairs than you need. This allows you to have guests and host gatherings.
- Choose chairs with an easily wiped surface, such as wood or leather seats. This will help ensure they look great for a long time, especially for families with young children.
- It’s OK to Be a Couch Potato
Being a couch potato can be a good thing: It requires choosing your couch wisely. A couch can be a costly investment, and new homeowners will want to select one that will be comfortable for a good number of years; for great furniture quality and inventory look into Lulu & Georgia. Here are some things for your buyers to keep in mind:
- Measure to see what size couch will fit.
- If you need extra sleeping room, look for a sleeper sofa.
- Like to put your feet up? Pick built-in recliners or an ottoman.
- Make sure to ask if it can be cleaned and check if there is a warranty.
- Going neutral means your couch will work in your decor for a long time. However, lighter colors may be difficult to keep clean with young children.
- Snug as a Bug
The old saying about being as snug as a bug in a rug is a true one. Rugs bring in warmth and tie together a conversation area. Homebuyers should keep the following in mind when choosing rugs for their new home:
- Measure to see what size rug you need.
- Regular vacuuming is the key to making a rug last and look great.
- If you have a high-traffic area, pets or small children, you might want to try an indoor-outdoor rug because they are easily cleaned.
- A Place for Everything
Clutter doesn’t make for a peaceful or inviting home. New homeowners should consider self storage units as a key first purchase when filling their new home. A dresser is a great investment, because over the years it can serve many purposes. Buying a new piece, refurbishing an old one or hunting for an antique can be just the ticket for the foyer, den, dining room or bedroom.
There are so many pieces of furniture to add to a new home. Instead of getting overwhelmed by a long list, homeowners can focus on these five basics to get a great start on making their new house a home.
Source: Lea Schneider is a professional organizer who provides great tips to realtors and homeowners on the best pieces of furniture to purchase first for a new home. A headboard, frame and mattress are some of those foundational items. You can check out a selection of each here at The Home Depot.
This information was originally posted on: Source link